Nana and Poppa's Visit
I'm sitting here, writing this on Friday August 29th. AUGUST 29th!!!! Where did the summer go??? Bradyn will be going back to school in 4 days! (or not, but don't get me started on THAT rant until Monday night when I know for sure what the impact of this teacher's strike is on the 2014-2015 school year....)
Mom and Dad came to visit on July 19th and stayed with us for 12 days. It seems like forever ago now, but I still want to share some photos of our adventures with you.
At the airport, Bradyn was VERY impatient while awaiting Nana and Poppa's arrival. Once we knew their flight had landed, she flew down to the arrivals door and I had to keep calling her back so security wouldn't have to get involved.
"I see them!!!"
The poor guy behind Nana and Poppa just wanted to get past all the commotion.
Within an hour of arriving back at our house, Bradyn had Nana elbow-deep in making cookies. She'd been talking about making cookies with Nana from the time they booked their flights. If we did absolutely nothing else in the 12 days they were here, making cookies had to be on the agenda.
There was one other thing Bradyn wanted to do with Nana - ride her bike and show Nana how good she'd gotten. On Monday, we headed over to the school where Dad and I watched them ride in circles for a while, before moving on to blowing bubbles.
On Tuesday, we headed to the Fort in Fort Langley. Despite the rain, we had a great time.
What attraction would be complete without goats? Bradyn was over the moon.
On Wednesday, we headed over to the Sunshine Coast. Since Kevin was the only one who'd ever been there, we thought it would be fun to explore. On Tuesday night we got in the mood for our trip by watching two episodes of The Beachcombers. Did that ever take me back! Our first stop after getting off the ferry on Wednesday was Gibsons, where The Beachcombers was filmed. I totally popped when I saw Molly's Reach. We just HAD to stop in for lunch!
Check out the Persephone! Despite the rain, we had fun exploring Gibsons.
Bradyn being goofy, as usual.
I thought the sign in front of this store was hilarious. All the stores along the block had chairs out front for the husbands - smart!
On Thursday morning we explored Davis Bay Beach while the tide was out. This was right near The Blue Sky Motel in Sechelt where we stayed. I highly recommend them both!
Checking out all the little crabs.
Princess of the Beach.
In Roberts Creek.
Heading home on the ferry on Friday. Just our luck that it was gorgeous on the day we were leaving (but at least that meant we got to sit outside and take in the scenery).
On Sunday we checked out Deep Cove, had some 'ice cream' at La Casa Gelato (they had over 200 flavours to choose from!) and then headed to VanDusen Botanical Garden. What a neat place. Back in the far corner of the property was a vegetable garden.... and an antique tractor. Bradyn and Poppa had to take a look.
Taking a break.
On Tuesday, Mom & Dad's last day in town, we headed to Belcarra beach to check out the starfish. We just sat for a few hours and enjoyed the summer. Afterwards, we headed to The Boathouse at Rocky Point for a wonderful dinner.
What a great holiday. It was so nice having Mom and Dad here but, as always, our time together flew by way too fast. I'm so glad that this is our Onterrible year for Christmas so we can see them again real soon.


3 Comments:
they must have left the summer weather out there Brenda as we had a summer that wasn't!! I know they enjoyed the trip and especially Gibson's Landing as they talk about it all the time
they must have left the summer weather out there Brenda as we had a summer that wasn't!! I know they enjoyed the trip and especially Gibson's Landing as they talk about it all the time
they must have left the summer weather out there Brenda as we had a summer that wasn't!! I know they enjoyed the trip and especially Gibson's Landing as they talk about it all the time
Post a Comment
<< Home