Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday, Bradyn - The Pictures

4 - Bradyn is 4!!!
It seems like just yesterday we were bringing our little baby home from the hospital. When I look at her now, I can't believe it's the same kid.

The birthday festivities started on Thursday when we celebrated with Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Dallas & Aunt Ita. Here are the two birthday buddies 'clinking' their birthday cupcakes at White Spot.

I decided that I wanted to do an old fashioned at-home birthday party for Bradyn's first official friend party. I had hoped for a small, intimate 'Princess Tea Party', but Miss B messed up those plans when the first person she told me she wanted to invite was a boy, and listed off 13 friends! I changed gears a little, and with Kevin's help, decided on a Princess and Pirate theme. Once we got started, there was no turning back. Tiaras and pirate hats were handed out to the guests as they arrived, and their goodie bags had swords and gold chocolate coins, wands and candy necklaces.

I was up until 1:00 am Friday night, trying to get myself organized for the party. Since Sleeping Beauty had been sawing logs since 9:30, she bounded into my room at 7:10 am Saturday morning, asking if her friends would be here soon. After convincing her that no one would ring the doorbell while she watched Snow White (at 7:15 am), I headed downstairs to ice my 39 cupcakes (yes, too many, but that's what you get from 2 boxes of mix).
Trying to kill some time before 1:30, I let Bradyn open her gifts from Nana & Poppa. Nana - the talking card was a huge hit but I must admit that if I hear "In the magical world of make-believe, birthday fun lasts forever - hope yours does, too" one more time, I'm going to snap!

Of all her princess dresses, Bradyn decided that Belle was the birthday winner.
Posing with her cupcake cake. I'm still undecided on the do-it-yourself route... MUCH cheaper than buying a cake and a little bit satisfying to be Suzy Homemaker for a day, but not so pretty up close, and a LOT of work.

All fired up, ready for the cake.

Happy Birthday, Princess.

Clinking cupcakes again, but with Emma this time.

A few moments of silence. (Believe it or not, Kevin was actually trying to sleep in the basement during the party because he's working nights this weekend. I'm sure that by this point, the silence was too little, too late.)


Opening the gifts...



Everybody kept crowding closer and closer... I admit, I was feeling a wee bit claustrophobic.


No party is complete without Pin the Tail on the Donkey. Had I seen this picture of Bradyn 'adjusting' her mask before she stuck the tail on...

... I would have seen why she nailed it right on the target. The Birthday Girl cheated!


Sweet dreams, Baby Girl.

3 Comments:

At February 15, 2010 3:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a brave Mom Brenda.The video lets us here how much fun the kids were having.PS the cupcakes looked ok to me.I can't believe how fast 4 yrs has passed and 'singing' birthday cards are grandparents way of driving their kids crazy.Janet

 
At February 16, 2010 8:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Bradyn, and don't tell anyone but I've peeked once or twice playing "pin the tail on the donkey" too! LOL

Linda P

 
At March 19, 2010 6:51 pm, Anonymous j kew said...

from O-Canada to sweet dreams great pics happy birthday Bradyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home