She Can Stand On Her Own!
Just before dinner tonight, Kevin & Bradyn came in from the front yard and asked if I wanted to see something. I knew it had to be big because they were both smiling and looking all smug. We went out on the patio and Kevin put Brady down near the wall. She grabbed onto the lip of the vinyl siding and Kevin put her other hand in place. Then he let go of her and she stood on her own for about 5 or 10 seconds. I couldn't believe it. Of course I had to get a picture, so I grabbed the camera, set her up holding the bar on the chair and voila - she was standing on her own again - caught on camera by Daddy. Of course, her little legs crumbled pretty quick that time because she was tired by then, but she was definitely standing on her own. Now, I'm certain that this little girl is going to walk before she ever crawls.

5 Comments:
Don't encourage her! Standing means grabbing a whole new gammit of off-limits items, like remote controls left on sofas, glasses of pop left on coffee tables, comic books left on low shelves (OK, that one is kind of fun to watch).
I miss those immobile days when Kaylin could only sit up and reach the few items that I left within a 10 inch radius.
Oh, never mind, I guess new skills are a good thing. Way to go Brady!!
Yeah Bradykins!!! That's right - just forget about crawling and go right to walking. You're really getting ready for the Christmas rematch aren't you?! No shortcuts on this kid's training.
Christmas is going to be so much fun this year with two little girls on the move everywhere. There is going to paper everywhere. It is going to be so great.
Wow Brady you are getting soooo big! I can't believe how much she has changed during the last 6 weeks.
I hope that you two are getting ready to start chasing Brady around. It looks as though she will be walking in no time!
What a cutie!
April
Hi Bradyn, grandma and Grandpa are so excited about seeing you today..the day before you are 1/2 a year old!!! Wow!! we were at the Lake until yesterday, wo we haven't seen you since July 1st weekend when you came all the way to see us!! I will send Mummy and Daddy the photos of you on the boat, having your first sip of water and sitting around the cottage. this year Grandpa caught his first fish.....maybe you will catch your first one next year. Dallas was just about 2 when he caught his. Love Grandma
Post a Comment
<< Home