Happy 8th Birthday, Bradyn!!
Bradyn is 8. When Kevin and I decided to embark on this journey of having a family, I don't think I ever really looked forward this far. Sure, I knew our child would grow up, but I never thought about having an 8-year old in my house. This little Mini-Us is an amazing combination of Kevin, me and Bradyn's own individual personality. As challenging as some days may be, I love our family. Each of us is unique and brings something special to our home.
For Bradyn's birthday this year, she decided on a Star Wars theme. You'd think it would be easy to find decorations for such a classic theme, but it was a bit of a challenge. In the end though, we did pretty good. Bradyn and Kevin decided to decorate the balloons with drawings of Yoda and Darth Maul. Sorry Kevin, but I have to agree that Bradyn's Yodas were better.
Our guests were greeted at the front door with a photo of Bradyn during her Jedi training at Disneyland in 2011.
God bless Pinterest. I got some great party food ideas from the site.
I think the Light Sabers (pretzels dipped in melted chocolate wafers) were our favourite.
One of the few times I was OK with Bradyn playing with her food.
The best group shot I could get after a rousing game of Pin the Helmet on Darth Vader.
I think this is my favourite picture from the whole day. Look at that gorgeous smile!
The Grande Finale of the party was Bradyn's beloved Darth Vader pinata. When the kids pulled the ribbons, the goodies did not burst forth as planned, so I decided to shake Darth. Unfortunately, when I did that the bottom half of his head fell off. Thankfully it was my kid that was directly below and got bonked on the head and not one of the guests. To be honest, I don't think Bradyn even noticed because she was so focused on getting her share of the haul.
I love this family photo - what a great day.
After the party we headed to Red Robin to celebrate Bradyn and Grandpa's birthdays together. Here is the birthday pair standing up while being serenaded by the Red Robin wait staff.
We had Bradyn's birthday party on the Sunday before the 13th so Kevin could join us. On her actual birthday we asked Bradyn what she wanted for her special birthday supper.... Subway!
How grown up does this 8-year old look? Even though Bradyn has always seemed to be older than her years, I am often blown away when I catch a glimpse of the woman she is going to be one day. I am already so, so proud of her and cannot wait to see what she accomplishes in her life.
Way back in January 2007, I posted a picture of Bradyn showing her 'Evil Smile'. (click the link and scroll all the way to the bottom) When I copied my pictures to the computer and saw this one, I instantly thought of that photo. Pure happiness over her candy (Harry Potter Bertie Bott's Beans and a Chocolate Frog), but that evil smile while she's thinking 'I'm gonna eat ALL of this'. It's so funny how 7 years later, you can see the same expression. Love it.
Bradyn got so many wonderful presents for her birthday this year, and she loved them all. I'm showing this picture because I actually caught the look on her face as she was saying "Oh ... awesome!" In this case, the gift was her own set of paring knives (one blue, one green) for her to use while she cooks with Daddy. Thank you Aunt Sherri!
Happy Birthday my beautiful girl. I wish you every happiness in the world and hope that all your dreams come true.
You deserve it.

















2 Comments:
I'm so glad you enjoyed your Star Wars party - it looked like mom went all out on the food! I see daddy wore his x-mas present from Kiera and Robee :) I can't wait to see what creations you make up in the kitchen with your new knives, cuttingboards and cupcake pan. Happy Birthday Bradybug! PS I love your choice of Subway!
Looks like it was a blast! Happy belated 8th birthday to Brady.
Love your family photo, and the one in the pink scarf is gorgeous too, you're right you can easily picture her at 17...
Linda P
Post a Comment
<< Home