Sunday, January 19, 2014

A New Hairdo

For the past several weeks, Bradyn has been telling Kevin & I that she wants to cut her hair short.  (doing a karate chop at her neck, chin-level.....) "I want it this short".  As diplomatically as possible, Kevin & I did our best to discourage going short.  I have to admit there are days when I want to shave her head myself because I am so tired of the screaming and fighting while trying to brush her hair, but we love her long blond hair (although it did get shorter with her last cut).  Yesterday we headed off to my salon and the girls there convinced me to let her do it.  (I was getting foils put in my hair while Bradyn was in the chair, so I really wasn't in a position to put up a big fight.)

Here is a 'before' picture from Christmas Eve when Bradyn was caught red-handed eating a cookie from our first batch.  OK, I realize her hair doesn't look all that long here, but I love this picture and wanted to share it.... what a bugger.


Here is the beautiful new 'do.  It was her 3rd cut in a 'real' salon (bye-bye Great Clips) and the second time she had the full wash, cut, blow dry and style treatment.  I love it, but it makes her look way too grown up.



While I was getting my hair done, Bradyn was helping the salon assistant clean up, sweep the floor, take out the garbage and fold the towels.  She even got to draw on the door (they'd had a break-in and the temporary door was made of plywood).  On our way to the salon, Bradyn had told me that the best part about getting your hair cut was all the gossip you get to hear in the salon.  "Those ladies know EVERYONE!"  It was hilarious.  While she was in the chair, she and Sandy definitely did their fair share of chatting.

Posing like a model.



Kevin, in true Kevin style, was teasing Bradyn that she looks like a boy now because of her new short cut.  Before bed, Bradyn pulled out her light saber and said "If you don't stop teasing me.... (then pointed her light saber at him with a menacing look).  Sorry B, but loving Star Wars, wrestling and Notebook of Doom don't help your case of not being boyish.  LOL



Don't worry - you will always be our beautiful girl.

3 Comments:

At January 20, 2014 7:06 am, Anonymous Nana said...

Bradyn you look gorgeous. You will find this much easier to look after and it will dry so much faster. B do you remember when you were about her age what your mother said about having long hair, if not let me refresh your memory. "Until you can look after your hair yourself it will remain short.Oh my look at your hair now it is long. Didn't hurt getting cuts back then did it. You will survive and she will be happier

 
At January 21, 2014 2:20 pm, Anonymous Aunt Sherri said...

Hey - short cuts aren't necessarily boyish! Aunt Sherri always had short hair in public school! Besides, it looks great and it's not that short. You do look older too, Bug!

 
At January 24, 2014 8:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable!

Linda P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home