Costume #3 And The Main Event
Ta-Da! As many of you already know, Bradyn's actual Halloween costume was a unicorn. (Once again, God Bless Craigslist.) I wanted her to have something warm, that she could wear her coat under for trick-or-treating. My little girl wasn't going to be one of the many unfortunate kids who have to wear their coats over their costume. Although these first three pictures weren't actually taken on Halloween, they turned out the best.
"Peek-a-boo"
"Look at my wings!"
During the afternoon, Bradyn and I gutted the pumpkins so they were ready for Daddy to carve when he got home from work. Actually, I gutted the pumpkins - Bradyn said it was "too messy". What kid doesn't want to stick their hand in a pumpkin and feel all that ooey-gooey squishiness?First up on the list was Daddy's choice - the sacred Dawn of the Dead pumpkin.
Our pumpkin family - the zombie, the ballerina (Brady's pumpkin patch choice), Lady Potato and Grandpa's first Jack 'o Lantern.
Kevin got into the spirit and painted himself up as a zombie.
"I eat flesh"
Almost ready to go. We headed over to Parkway to trick-or-treat with Diana and her family. I'm so sorry I didn't get a picture of Bradyn and Diana in their costumes together. Watching the pink unicorn and the Tinkerbell fairy walk from house to house, listening to them calling "Ooooooooo", trying to be scary, was priceless. They'd say Thank-you for their candy, take a few steps away then turn back and shout "Boo". Too funny. Bradyn went to way more houses this year, but I could tell she was almost done when she started skipping houses, even when Diana went up to the door. Half-way up one set of stairs she looked at me and said "Mamma, I'm getting tired". Two more houses and we were done. Well, not quite. We went back home, picked up Daddy and went a few blocks over to check out a garage that had been converted to a haunted house, which Bradyn and I had found that afternoon. During a lapse of sanity, I believed Kevin when he said it wasn't too scary, and took Bradyn through. I carried her, head buried in my shoulder and when we got out she said "Mom, that was too scary for me." I was sure there were going to be nightmares that night, but so far, no post-traumatic stress issues. (It really was a cool haunted house!)
Last but not least, I thought I would share a 'Happy Halloween' from DAC. (Don't I work with a great looking group?)
Our pumpkin family - the zombie, the ballerina (Brady's pumpkin patch choice), Lady Potato and Grandpa's first Jack 'o Lantern.
Kevin got into the spirit and painted himself up as a zombie.
"I eat flesh"
Almost ready to go. We headed over to Parkway to trick-or-treat with Diana and her family. I'm so sorry I didn't get a picture of Bradyn and Diana in their costumes together. Watching the pink unicorn and the Tinkerbell fairy walk from house to house, listening to them calling "Ooooooooo", trying to be scary, was priceless. They'd say Thank-you for their candy, take a few steps away then turn back and shout "Boo". Too funny. Bradyn went to way more houses this year, but I could tell she was almost done when she started skipping houses, even when Diana went up to the door. Half-way up one set of stairs she looked at me and said "Mamma, I'm getting tired". Two more houses and we were done. Well, not quite. We went back home, picked up Daddy and went a few blocks over to check out a garage that had been converted to a haunted house, which Bradyn and I had found that afternoon. During a lapse of sanity, I believed Kevin when he said it wasn't too scary, and took Bradyn through. I carried her, head buried in my shoulder and when we got out she said "Mom, that was too scary for me." I was sure there were going to be nightmares that night, but so far, no post-traumatic stress issues. (It really was a cool haunted house!)
Last but not least, I thought I would share a 'Happy Halloween' from DAC. (Don't I work with a great looking group?)




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home