Sunday, December 14, 2008

West Coast Christmas

Since this is our year to spend Christmas in Ontario with my family, we celebrated Christmas with Kevin's family yesterday. What a difference between last year and this year. Last year, I think Bradyn was a little overwhelmed by all the presents (I know I was). This year, it was like she had developed a strategy in advance, and just needed the opportunity to implement it. Grab present, rip the paper off, toss gift aside (without even looking at it) and grab the next present. Repeat over, and over, and over. It was insane. I finally stopped the madness so we could take a break for dinner, and hoped that when we resumed, things would be a little slower and that Miss Bradybug would be more appreciative. (they were, and she was)

Her first gift, from Grandma and Grandpa, was a big hit.

Notice the intense concentration on her face. At this point, the pace had picked up, and was showing signs of the chaos to come.


Shining her Dora flashlight on Grandpa, while he tried to look at her calendar.


LOVING the Disney princess dress up clothes. First, she was Sleeping Beauty...

...then, Snow White sat on her new bike and chatted with Uncle Dallas.



"Oh dear, what should I do next?"



A little down-time, between outfits.

Another huge hit. Now she can finally 'play her guitar with Murray'. (If you still don't know who The Wiggles are, we forgive you.)


Yes, she is totally checking herself out in the mirror to see how she looks in her bicycle safety gear.


Looks good... too bad she can't figure out the pedaling part.



With some help from Grandma, she started to get the hang of it, but I think she's going to need lots of practice.

Thank you for all the great presents Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Dallas and Aunt Ita. Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

At December 15, 2008 4:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! Bradyn has wheels!! WOW! And a guitar. I guess next year she'll be 'on the road'!!

Congratulations Bradyn...and Xmas hasn't even arrived yet!!

Have a great time in Ontario.

Much love, Auntie Molly and Uncle Bri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home