I Take My Potty Everywhere
I can't believe I forgot to post these!
While working on the potty training in August, I decided to take the philosophy of 'always have a potty nearby' to heart and went out and bought a $3 mini potty from IKEA. I figured if we were going to have consistency during the 5 hour drive to Loon Lake, on the boat, and anywhere else, I better have one.
Before heading to Ashcroft on Saturday morning at the lake, I pulled out the little potty for Grandma & Grandpa to take with them. The second I brought it out, Bradyn decided she better use it.... right there in the living room in front of everyone.
Making a pit stop on the highway. What is that on her left wrist? Why, that's the infamous potty watch. The one and only time she actually left it on her wrist for more than 2 minutes.
A little trickier on the boat due to the lifejacket, but she managed to finish the job before falling sideways. (Don't worry - I caught her.)
Where we are today? Knock on every piece of wood I can find..... we haven't had an accident in a few weeks. She rarely tells me that she has to pee, but now I'm thinking that's because I'm asking her every hour and she doesn't have a chance to tell me before I'm dragging her off to the bathroom. She's holding it for 2 and sometimes even 3 hours, so I think we're well on our way. The other morning when she woke up, the Pull-Up was actually dry. DRY! I won't get my hopes up for overnight training for a while yet. I am, however, thinking ahead to the 5 hour flight to London at Christmas. Do I put on the Pull-Up just in case? Or, do I live on the edge and hope she can hold it if she has to go when the seatbelt sign is on? 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home