Bradyn's 13th Birthday Party
I won't get all mushy on this post because our baby girl is still 12 for another 27 hours. Actually, considering she was born at 8:19 am, that gives me 35 hours and 19 minutes. :-)
On Saturday, Bradyn had 7 of her closest friends over for a 'Galaxy' themed party. Just like last year, Bradyn made all the plans, props and her birthday cake. All I had to do was hand over my debit card at all the stores we visited to ensure we had everything for a successful evening.
DIY item #1 - Galaxy-in-a-jar for the goody bags
DIY Item #2 - making her own birthday cake on Friday night
Adding the final touches to her cake on Saturday morning
Ta-da!
A new spin on Pin the Tail on the Donkey...... Pin the Earth on the Solar System
Home-made props for the photo wall
The Galaxy photo wall! (splatter-painted by Miss B)
Dramatic demonstration using props LOL
Ready for pizza supper
Almost forgot the sparklers
All set up for the Galaxy Disco in the basement
(strobe light and a solar projector globe)
Glow in the dark stars getting charged up
Rice Krispy star snacks
First event of the party - the Saturn Ring Challenge (aka hoola hoop contest)
Hailey was the victor!
The Galaxy Disco in effect - with a flash on the camera....
and without the flash. I don't know if there was actually any dancing that happened, but I do know that the Ouija board got pulled out and there was a 'summoning' going on at one point.
Snack table
I love that even at 12 and 13, the girls all loved playing this game.
Bradyn really does have a wonderful group of friends.
Alison had to leave early so Brady opened her gift and I got them to pose at the photo wall.
I think this was Bradyn's proudest prop - the Planet B-13 piƱata (Bradyn-13) that she made herself out of paper mache.
It's too bad it only took one swing to explode
The girls went CRAZY running after the candy. Again, at 12 and 13, I had my doubts but this was a HUGE hit.
Diana wanted a chance too but one swing from her and B-13 was down.
A rousing game of 'Black Hole Toss' (yes, it's beer pong without the beer)
Brooke also had to leave a little early so her gift was up next. Bradyn kind of lost her mind over the 'hollo' backpack.
Happy Birthday, beautiful Bradyn.
(not sure why she pretended to be blowing out the sparklers LOL)
Setting up the big reveal - the hidden treat in the cake's centre.....
Candy stars!
Very special gifts from her bestest friend, Diana.
The gift-opening chaos and theatrics continues...
Diana had the complementary shirt hidden in her bag.
Partners in crime forever.
Lily - wrestling and rugby bestie
Hailey, Lily and Bradyn - wrestling besties.
Anousha
Audrey
Starting to get silly - again.
After everyone had gone home, I remembered to grab a quick family selfie in front of the Galaxy wall. I'm sure we'll take another on Wednesday but it just won't be the same. Bradyn will really be a teenager then!
Not so casual poses.
All in all, another fun and successful birthday party.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home