Remembrance Day Poem
Last Wednesday night, Bradyn was very excited to share a poem with us. A poem that she wrote about Peace, for Remembrance Day. What broke my heart was the fact that she had been chosen to read her poem at the school's Remembrance Day assembly the next day, but I wouldn't be able to attend on such short notice. The wonderful thing is that Bradyn eagerly told us her teacher had said that if we couldn't be there, she would take a video for us.
Here is Miss B on Thursday morning, proudly wearing black and red to match her poppy. (Yes, she is wearing red lipstick. I decided that wasn't a battle worth fighting on that particular morning. Don't judge me. LOL)

Here is Bradyn's poem. I love that it's bilingual, and so innocent. She wrote the French, and her teacher filled in the English for her to read at the assembly.
Earlier tonight, I received an email from Bradyn's teacher. She shared a photo and the video. She apologized for the fact that she cut the video short by accident, but it didn't matter. In that 10 seconds, seeing Bradyn holding the microphone and speaking with confidence, my chest swelled with pride. I had to crop this photo so as not to 'exploit' her friends, but I just had to share it. Look at that smile!!! This is one proud little girl.


1 Comments:
You wrote a beautiful poem sweetie - I especially like the part about hot chocolate :)
Post a Comment
<< Home