Sunday, September 27, 2009

They Say The Darndest Things

I took this picture of Bradyn two weeks ago, as we were heading out to her friend Diana's birthday party. She looked so pretty, and Mammarazzi couldn't help herself. Unfortunately, Miss B wanted no part of it. Even without a smile, I am stunned by her beauty every time I look at this picture. Where did this gorgeous little 3 1/2 year old come from?

Last weekend, I had my first real glimpse into what it's going to be like 5 or 10 years from now (or should I say hope?). Bradyn and I went out and ran some errands together - we spent time looking at the things she wanted, and then she indulged me while I got to shop for what I wanted. When we stopped at Tim Horton's for a snack, we talked about all kinds of things over drinks and cookies. We chatted in the car while we were driving. Yesterday, we did some more errands, and went to a little coffee shop cafe for lunch. Again, it felt like I was out with a friend. I loved Bradyn as a baby, because there are so many wonderful things to love about babies - the newborn smell, the teeny tiny fingers and nails (yes, their toes too Charlene), the way they grab your finger, the gummy smiles, the way their whole face lights up when they see you, the way they just cuddle up on your chest and fall asleep... But there are so many amazing things about 3 1/2 year olds too - playing with them, watching them use their imaginations, watching them learn new things, real conversations (even the negotiating), hugs and kisses, "I really love you Mommy"...

Speaking of the things she says, I just have to share some of the lines that have come out of our little darling's mouth in the last while:
"Good-night my sweetheart"
"Time to get up my little dear"
"My tummy is gargolating" (she was hungry)
"When Mommy was a bride, I was an egg in her ovary. And the Ms. Henryka egg got mad because I was disturbing the friend eggs at nap time"
"Mom, look at my bum - do you see poo?"
"Open them up so I can see your pretty eyes"
"It's wake-up time Mommy. Here... I'll get your glasses for you."
"Don't you have your listening ears on?"

"I don't like their attitude"
"Mommy, why does Daddy say (insert F-word here) sometimes?"
"You don't make the rules anymore - I do what I do"
"I'm talking to mommy - don't interrupt me"

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't be wishing for 5 to 10 years from now just yet.

1 Comments:

At October 12, 2009 8:13 pm, Blogger Char said...

3 1/2? She looks 12 in that photo! Definitely a smart little lady. They are so sweet when they want to be, aren't they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home