Sunday, August 16, 2009

From Bradyn's Point Of View

Bradyn has her very own, pink Fisher-Price digital camera, and I have been meaning to post some of her pictures for a long time. Unlike her Mammarazzi, Bradyn tends to go in spurts, so she'll use it a lot for a few days, then leave it sitting for weeks. Unfortunately, the delete button is very easy to use, and being the toddler she is, she likes to push buttons and hear the noises. Sadly, we have lost many of her artistic moments. There are very few clear pictures, because the second she pushes the button to take the pictures, she flips the camera down in front of her to see the shot. However, the ones we have are pretty sweet....

Her view from the back seat, while Daddy drives her home from school. (Bye-bye Protoge....)


Chatting with Dad. (Makes you stop and realize that we really do tower over the poor little buggers....)

From under the kitchen table.


Her foot, on the front walkway.

"Say Cheese Mama"

Her sippy cup (which, I am happy to report, has been retired).

Baby


Bathroom scenery


The view while sitting in her bed...


The curtain above her bed...

And her ceiling light.


Daddy's foot, while sitting at the computer in the office.


And don't forget the bookshelf in her room.

It really does make you stop and realize just how different things are for a 3 1/2 year old. They aren't like us, and we shouldn't expect them to be. We need to remember they're just kids.
Bradyn and I had a pretty rough day yesterday, and this morning did not look good between 6:55 when she arrived at the side of my bed reporting that it was 'wake-up time' and 10:00 when I was trying to get organized to get out the door for our play date in Queen's Park. I admit that my patience was pretty much non existent, and I think it's time for me to accept that I have a morning coffee addiction (which I ignored yesterday), that I need to embrace. Despite that, today ended up being a pretty wonderful day. I really did enjoy watching Bradyn in the petting zoo and at the splash park, while I sat chatting with friends. Back at home, after we had popsicles and ice cream, Daddy (bless his heart) took Bradyn to the school playground while I had some time alone in the (quiet) house. Tonight, I sat in her room watching her dance and sing, and couldn't help but smile and get that warm feeling in my heart. She didn't care what she looked like, or how she sounded - she was just having fun. Like when she was a baby, I caught myself just staring, and then suddenly thinking 'Shouldn't I be interacting with her?'. This time, I realized the answer was no. She's a little person with a mind of her own, and I need to remember to step back and let her do her own thing once in a while. It may make my life difficult sometimes, but I need to put myself in her shoes, and remember how much I hate being told what to do too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home