Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Brady & Brenda's Day Of Fun

Since Bradyn and I were up very early on Sunday, I made a last-minute decision to take a chance and go to the local kids swap meet, with Bradyn in tow. (For those of you who don't know what a swap meet is, trust me.... it was a very brave (read 'potentially a very stupid') move on my part.) Armed with her puppy dog backpack (a.k.a. child harness), we braved the crowds and found a few good deals. The first highlight for me was when she found a Thomas the Train, told the lady she wanted to buy it and gave her the money. The second was when, as I was carrying her and trying to maneuver through the crowd, she whispered into my ear and said "There are too many people. Let's go." It was so sweet.

The main reason I wanted to go, was to buy Bradyn a cape for dress-up. I've seen this lady's booth at several swap meets and local events, and was ready to invest my $15. Bradyn LOVES it. She insisted on wearing it throughout the swap meet, and then later on at the local farmer's market. So many people commented on it, and she soaked up all the attention. (By the way, Kevin also loves our purchase.... he thinks it comes darn close to looking like a wrestler's cape.)

We also got her face painted at the market, so the fairy-tale look was complete.

After a long day of playing and painting, Daddy convinced her that she needed to have a bath (her feet were absolutely black from being on the deck, hosting a pretend birthday party). She prefers our soaker tub, and has discovered that if she holds on to the handles, she can slide around and make lots of waves.
"Look at me.... I'm swimming"


Water, water, everywhere.

The sign of a truly successful day - my sleeping angel.

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2008 1:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun day Bradykins! I love your cape, and I'm jealous you get to swim in the big tub!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home