Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Bradybug

Can you believe Bradyn is already 2 years old? Two. Me - the mom of a TWO year old. Where has the time gone? As I was driving to work on Wednesday morning, I looked at the clock and thought "Two years ago right this minute, I was lying on an operating table, waiting to meet our baby, anxious to know if it would be a boy or a girl." Well, I can tell you that there is definitely no doubt about it these days - she's definitely a girl, and she's definitely got my genes (damn that stubbornness).

What a busy two years it has been! Although the time has flown by, we sure managed to jam a lot of memories into it, and I hope you have all enjoyed coming along on the ride with us.

Bradyn and I made a last-minute, quickly planned trip to London last week to surprise Aunt Sherri for her birthday (and boy, was she surprised!). Not only did we squeak that last free flight for Bradyn in under the wire, but while there, we had a wonderful little party for Brady's birthday. She was so excited. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, and have not yet gotten a copy of Aunt Sherri & Uncle Jason's pictures (hint, hint....), so I'll post some of those later.

However, for your viewing pleasure, I do have these pictures from her actual birthday-day celebration.

Notice the Black & Decker mixmaster box in this picture.... another great gift from Daddy. Not only did Bradyn love it, but Mommy is very excited that she'll have another person cooking for her very soon.

"I'll take that"

Grandpa and Brady, sharing the first piece of their birthday cake.



"I sure do like cake!"


Trust me - it all disappeared.


Happy Birthday sweetheart - I hope you had a wonderful day.

4 Comments:

At February 16, 2008 12:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures Brenda. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Happy Birthday Brady, dear.

We cannot wait to see you.

Hugs and kisses,

Auntie Molly and Uncle Bri

 
At February 16, 2008 7:23 pm, Blogger April said...

Two years old!!! Yes, the time has definitely flown by! So glad that you are sharing all of Brady's experiences with us - I love reading your blog and it makes me feel as though we aren't so far away.

Happy Birthday Brady!!!!

 
At February 18, 2008 7:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bradyn it was so great to have you and mommy here to help celebrate Aunt Sherri's birthday and to be able to celebrate your birthday with us. It was a great surprise. Nana will send the pictures she has of the party. Congratulations to you and Grampa on your birthdays. Love and kisses Nana and Poppa.

 
At February 18, 2008 6:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt Sherri was definitely surprised when she saw you and mommy peek around the corner and say "happy birthday"! I'll never forget that moment! I'm also so glad that we were able to celebrate your birthday with a party - and even with one of your BC friends to boot! It looks like you had a lot of fun with Grandpa at your birthday at home too. I can't believe it's been two years since I was sitting by the phone with your little cousin Kiera in my arms waiting for your daddy to call me to tell me the news. I remember hearing your little cry in the background and the tears in my eyes just started to fall (as they are now remembering it). Time goes too quickly Bradybug, so that's why we cherish every moment we have with you. Oh my, must be the cold medication talking - that was a bit sappy, huh?! Well, Happy Birthday Bradybug, and cousin Kiera says welcome to the "terrific" two's (remember, we're supposed to celebrate their individuality, blah blah blah).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home