Ponytails and Braids
November 7th was a VERY big day in the Reeves household. 'Why?' you might ask, knowing that Bradyn has long surpassed the big milestones of eating solid food, her first tooth, crawling, her first trip to the ER, walking, talking, laughing, dancing, singing, throwing tantrums, and being what we will politely call 'willful'.
On November 7th, Bradyn let me put a ponytail in her hair and...... she left it in! She was so proud of her special hairdo, and kept smiling at herself in the mirror, checking it out from all different angles. Being the proud mommy I am, I had to tell everyone who would listen that day, about my baby looking like a little girl.
Now, imagine my uncontrollable glee when I arrived to pick Bradyn up from daycare and discovered that instead of a ponytail, she was sporting French braids! Katrina, one of Brady's 'teachers', has now become Bradyn's personal hairdresser. Every morning I leave barrettes, elastics and a comb in Brady's diaper bag so Bradyn can get her 'Fancy Hair' done (time-permitting, during her very busy fun-filled days of course).
She's growing up so fast, and really doesn't look like a baby anymore. It makes me sad but, at the same time, I'm so excited about the prospect of going to the spa and doing 'girly' things together as she gets older.
Her first official ponytail.
French braids - can you even believe it? I still pinch myself when I see them.




4 Comments:
Love the braids, but I must say I'm a bit bitter - how many times did I ask you to french braid my hair and you wouldn't do it but you did it on a 22 month old?!
Love the khakis and jean jacket too!
Oops, I just reread it and saw Katrina did the braids. I'm sorry (well, sort of).
Oh my goss Brenda - Brady looks like such a little girl now and not a baby! I love the picture of her cuddling with Kevin. You are going to have to soon start adding an extra 10 minutes to your morning routine so that you can do Brady's hair. :-)
Wow, french braids! She looks so old. Now I'm jealous! I don't think K would ever sit long enough...oh wait, she let's grandma brush out her hair all the time.
WHy won't they let us moms play with their hair too?
Post a Comment
<< Home