Her First Day At Daycare


It's official - after 2 unfortunate false starts and a month at home with Grandma Jane (thank you!!!), Bradyn is now enrolled in daycare. We had 2 brief test runs last week and today she was there for the entire day. She loves it! The 'teachers' at her 'school' assured me that Bradyn had a wonderful time playing with and exploring all the toys, that she gets along well with the other children and that she is a joy to have there. What a relief. Although she was a little subdued this morning, Bradyn was all smiles when I picked her up and was 'full of beans' all night, until she crashed at bedtime.
Believe it or not, there were no tears this morning from Bradyn or me. I think that could be for a few reasons:
1 - I've been back at work for a month now and Bradyn and I are getting used to being apart (not because we want to, because we have to)
2 - Bradyn is a social butterfly and absolutely loves to be around other people
3 - I feel it in my heart and in my gut that Bradyn was meant to be there
Having said all this, let's hope I haven't jinxed things and that tomorrow goes just as well. (Now, if I can just manage to not hit the snooze button twice and shave another 10 minutes off of our morning routine tomorrow, I may just get to work on time.)

3 Comments:
You never like leaving for the day! Just think of all the hugs and kisses you get at the end of the day.Gayle
I love the picture of you and Bradyn - it is so cute!
Glad to hear that things are going well.
April
She looks so cute for her first day of 'school', and what's that - a new pair of Robeez for the occassion?
Post a Comment
<< Home