Monday, October 02, 2006

Playing With Her Friends


Last Wednesday instead of going to our regular Mommy Group meeting, 9 of us pushed our babies to a park near the beach to enjoy what could be the last of our gorgeous weather. We layed out some blankets and just let the babies go. Here's a picture of Bradyn and George playing with Jack's shoes (you'll notice George prefers the one still on Jack's foot!). Emma was taking a brief break in her mom's lap.
I'm so glad that the health nurse told me about this Mommy Group. Bradyn and I first ventured over to see what it was all about when she was only 3 weeks old. Some of the moms I knew from my pre-natal yoga class, but I also met many new friends. The friendships I've made with these moms has come to mean so much to me. I don't know how I would have made it this far without completely losing my mind, if it weren't for them. It's so nice to just be yourself, share your crazy thoughts and fears, and know that at least one other person is feeling exactly the same way as you. When we go to Mommy Group, there is a group of about 12 of us that head to Starbucks afterwards and hang out for hours. Our caravan of strollers must be quite the sight. We've also had pot-luck lunches, gone to the movies, gone for walks, had girls night out, and just had a lot of fun doing all of it. This week we start our Boogie Babies class, which should be lots of fun for the little ones. The kids have all changed so much since we started. I just can't wait to see them in another 7 months from now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home